Life in the UK
As part of the application process to become a British citizen or permanent resident applicants, in addition to being able to speak and read English, are required to pass a citizenship test, demonstrating that they have a good understanding of life in the UK. LVC offers a preparation course designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to pass this test.
LVC has designed a preparation course which is easy to follow and covers every aspect of life in the UK (everything you will need for the test), i.e., history, modern society, politics and law. Because people often understand and remember things which are visual, we have developed at LVC a vibrant and entertaining slideshow containing over 750 images, featuring cartoons, photographs, paintings, some music, and even some short clips of British films. Throughout the course the teacher will ask you questions to help you remember the new information and every day you will do practice tests with genuine LUK questions, enabling you to check your progress, and to see which areas you still need to work on.
The LUK preparation test is an intensive course, delivered by qualified and experienced tutors, in a way which is engaging and dynamic.
The exam itself cannot be taken at LVC London School of English. The course fee does not include the price of the exam.
Course content (three modules):
- Lessons 1 – 3: British History – from the first people to arrive in Britain 10,000 years ago, to the coalition government of the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats in 2010
- Lesson 4: A Modern Thriving Society – Art, Culture, Sport and Religion
- Lesson 5: UK government, law and your role in society
The duration of the course is five days, Monday to Friday, and each lesson is three hours per day.
- be equipped with the knowledge to pass the Life in the UK test;
- have a greater understanding, awareness, and knowledge of British history, culture, law, and your role in society;
- increase your ability to use the English language and be comfortable with facts, news, and up-to-date information relating to life in the UK
- Classes: One week Intensive
- Duration: Monday – Friday
- Hours per day: 3
- Total hours: 15
- Skill Level: Elementary/Intermediate
- Age: 18+
- Max Students: 16
- Course Fees