Take the Life in the UK Preparation Course at LVC London School of English! With over 1,400 facts to learn for your test, this can be a scary experience, but we are here to help you. So why not have a look below at our course outline?
As part of the application process to become a British citizen or permanent resident you are required to pass a citizenship test, showing that you have a good understanding of British culture and history. We will help you to reach this understanding and feel confident about taking your test. What's more, we will even help you to book your exam at an official LUK test centre.
94% Pass Rate
Did you know that our pass rate is 94%? That's right, almost everyone who studies the Life in the UK Preparation course at LVC School of English goes on to pass their test. We give you all the information you need, plus tips to practice and remember information, such as names and dates. Furthermore, we help you to do practice tests at the end of each lesson.
Our Students Say
“I would recommend the LVC Life in the UK Preparation Course – it really helped me to study! Everything that appeared on my test they taught me in the school – I was so happy!” – Silifatu, former student.
So how does the course work?
We split the course into five days. This is so that each section is easy to study and easy to remember. For instance:
- Days 1 - 3 Monday - Wednesday: British History – from the first people to arrive in Britain 10,000 years ago, to the coalition government of the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats in 2010
- Day 4 Thursday: A Modern Thriving Society – Art, Culture, Sport and Religion
- Day 5 Friday: UK government, law and your role in society
Each lesson is three hours per day. At the end of each lesson, we give you lots of time to do online practice tests. This part of the class really helps you to experience what the real exam is like.
How do we teach?
Our method is a little different from some schools. We have a created a fun, highly visual presentation full of cartoons, images and pictures.
This helps you remember many facts and dates. In fact, we teach the history section as if it's one big, long story of Britain, full of exciting people and events.
For example, did you know that Henry VIII created the Church of England just because wanted to get divorced? So take a quick look at some of our slideshow here:
By the end of your Life in the UK preparation course you will:
- Have all knowledge to pass the Life in the UK test;
- Have a greater understanding and knowledge of British history, culture, law, and your role in society;
- Increase your ability to use the English language and be comfortable with facts, news, and up-to-date information relating to life in the UK;
- Increase your chances of passing the test and of getting your citizenship/permanent residency.
Meanwhile, why not do some free online practice tests: